Saturday, March 22, 2014

Paris

Alright, so i better write about my latest trip, to Paris, before things start rolling this weekend (which they already have!) So for those that didn't know before, I went to Paris last weekend with my grade. I left my house at 4 in the morning, on Friday, to go to the airport (CRAZY!) Before I start reiterating our itinerary, I'd just like to mention all of the quirky things that I encountered, while in France. First of all, we took the train from our hotel to Disney. When we arrived, we gave  teachers 12 euros, but were given it back because the pollution was so condensed when we arrived,  which made public transportation free! This reminded me a little bit of Mexico City, in the way that the city has a lottery for who can't drive on certain days, in order to contain polluting emissions. Also, all of the McDonalds had these optional touch screens that you could order from. I don't know if this is an urban phenomenon that I have missed out on , but I thought it was pretty cool. Anyway, we spent Friday sighting seeing, while sleep deprived, but hey it's Paris! We saw the Eiffel Tower, Monmatre (which is GORGEOUS!), Notre Dame, and walked through the Latin Quarter (it's where the universities are, and is called that because Latin has been spoken at those institutes for hundreds of years.)
 


Saturday and Sunday we went to Disney, which was fun, but I think I can wait another ten years before I go to another Disney Park (maybe Tokyo next time?) Being someone that doesn't really like roller coasters, I just reminded myself that they are only five minutes (at most) and the probability of my skull being cracked is extremely low. I actually had a really good time! I loved Space Mountain, the Finding Nemo ride (which was supposed to be like you wear riding the back of one of the turtles), and the Rock N' Roller. They all had really cool visual affects, but it was just really annoying to stand in line for hours on end (whatever!)













Monday we took a boat tour on the Seine, which I enjoyed a lot, and then we went to the Arc de Triomphe and walked on the Champs Elysees.

Now, interesting things about the Champs Elysees! Being the overly observant person that I am, I found it to be extremely odd how, considering that the Champs Elysees has some of the most expensive real estate in the world, that I could find a Gap, Subway, and Abercrombie, all on the same block. The Spanish kids were all really excited, but all I could think was, ¨Wow! These are the economic powerhouses of the world!¨ Also , the Abercrombie was one of the most horrifying Abercrombies I have ever been to! First of all, I didn't know it was an Abercrombie! I thought we were walking into a little garden, but then I was greeted by a very fit, shirtless black man. Just a little awkward. Then, the inside, being like all Abercrombies, was just like walking into a club, but with gaudy French artwork to distract you from looking at the clothes. I HATE AMERICAN MAINSTREAM CLOTHING STORES!!!!!!!!!! (Except Patagonia, if that counts as mainstream.)
Afterwards we went to the Opera Garnel, which was so beautiful, but I was so exhausted and cranky, that I felt like I couldn't fully appreciate it! I feel like I need to come back to Paris again, without a large group of kids, and do whatever I want! But, before I go to Paris, again, I need to thoroughly explore Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment